Tuesday, December 15, 2015

How was the hot lunch, Sarah?




A conversation with Sarah about the hot lunch today at school. (2-15-2012)

I tried very hard to type this out as she spoke. its in her words.

Me:  "Sarah soooo how was the hot lunch today at school?"


Sarah:
"I didn't have my hot lunch from school today cause like you know it was a turkey sub, and the bread or something smelled WEIRD!. Weird ya know like gagging weird... like you want to step away from it weird!!! 

 So then ya know, my friend Ashley? she said like ask the nice lunch lady and she
will get you a NEW lunch, and I'm like um ok.... I asked/told the really nice lunch lady..
My lunch smells like WEIRD!"

Me:  "Did she give you a new lunch?"

Sarah:
 
"When I asked her to smell it. she was just like It doesn't smell that weird!"
At first she smelt it like 3 inches away, then 2 inches away and then I'm just like smell it! like right here closer!! (hands to nose) 
Then shes like I'm not going to do that!! then she smelled it anyways.  Then she went away, and she brought this other lunch lady and then they both came over and I was just like, SMELL IT! to the other lunch lady, Um then she smelled it too and said its just fiiiiiine. And before that I asked all my friends to smell it and at first they're just like it smells WEIRD!!
And my friend Imani, she smelled it too and she said "you know um it touched my nose!
After the lunch ladies smelled it and said it didn't smell that weird, my friends changed their minds and thought it was ok. And then it smelled better to me too. So i tested it and took just a bite.
Then i realized it was the bread. So then..... I put only the ham"

 
Me:  <interrupting> "I thought you had Turkey??"

Sarah: "Oh yeah so I put the turkey in my friends Hannah's face and asked her to smell it. Then I said now SMELL the bread!   She said um I guess they both smell just fine. Then I just decided to throw it all away.

There's the guy ya know? he washes the dishes at the school, and so I still had cheese on my plate cause it didn't fall into the garbage, so I scraped off the cheese right before  gave it to him and he saw that.     He was like awww thank you for cleaning the cheese off!    I mean I ate a little bit of it. So then I just drank milk . And then we were throwing around a plastic wrap for the straw, like as in basketball pretty much. So then after that the sign for choir went up and I had to go."

No comments:

Post a Comment